Saturday, March 27, 2010

Friends

Going into high school, everyone seems to always want to be in the "popular" group. I was thinking, isn't each person just as valuable to our world as the next? How then are you able to categorize people from "popular" to just an ordinary person? The way I think of it is that if you have friends that you trust and love, shouldn't that be enough? If you are happy, then why should you change your looks or the way you act just for a group that says you can hang out with them, but only if you do or wear certain things. I love my friends. We act like total nut cases when we are together, we can tell each other anything, and honestly I don't know what I would ever do without them. I am 100% me when I am with my friends, I don't ever have to pretend to be someone that I'm not for them to accept me. I feel like in middle school I didn't ever make a name for myself, I never stood up to my peers and said "HELLO WORLD, I AM ALLISON!" instead, I was that kid who hung out with a small group of friends (who I adored) and stayed inside a teachers room everyday for lunch, I was embarrassed to go in front of my class to talk because I would be afraid that someone would laugh or make fun of me...I am a different person now. This year I have made so many new and great friends, I am never alone, and I always know that no matter what life brings me, I will always have a friend at my side. I now know that people all have their own opinions about one another, and you can't change someones mind. But if you have great friends, you will get through any little drama, no matter what...I have found friends this year that will make those silly faces and take pictures and look like freaks with me, that will start the dancing at the school dances, that will be there when I need them, and most importantly, that will support me when I'm right, and tell me when to shut my mouth because I am totally wrong. I am now that person that will stand up and be heard even if no one wants to listen. I made my name, and there is no going back now, I am proud of who I am, and who I will always be, and that is me!

No comments:

Post a Comment